Alice in Wonderland by Lisa Mitchell

Monday Tuesday Wednesday...I love you

My Etsy Store...please come and visit

Thursday, November 19, 2009

From little things, big things grow...

A few days ago, I started taking photos of our purple pot, in the Bali Garden area. Something was beginning to shoot from the potting mix. Exciting stuff.
Tiny green sprouts were emerging after weeks of dormancy.




This spectacular ball of 'Scarlet Starburst' (HAEMANTHUS multiflorus) is the end result. Pretty nice, hey?
It resembles a six-inch dandelion puff-ball, all bright red. The flower is followed by a tall vase-shaped spike of leaves.
I look forward to this amazing display once a year, and quietly thank Graham and Shirley Hart, who so generously gave me the single bulb, quite a few years ago. As is seen, it is now multiple bulbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beautiful

Dreaming of a new bedroom

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Something whimsical from Cart before the horse...thanks Dylan and Jo