Alice in Wonderland by Lisa Mitchell

Monday Tuesday Wednesday...I love you

My Etsy Store...please come and visit

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Bloomin' Beautiful!

Sensational! These are the very first flowers to grace our Faery Grotto. It is a shade loving vine called Fraser Island Creeper (Tecomanthe hillii). Not too many flowering vines like shade, so I was excited when I found this in the Templex Nursery at Algester, over a year ago. This is the first time it has flowered, and I must say, I'm pretty pleased with it's performance! Loaded with buds sprouting from the main stems! Looking a bit unusual...so it fits nicely into the scheme of 'wierd and unusal' plants in the Grotto. We have the bat plant, and two pitcher plants called 'hot lips' and 'gothica' as well as the 'upside down fern' and 'babies tears'. Our little 'Sneak' watches over the Grotto along with 'Foxglove' the pixie and baby dragon. A bit whimsical...is our Grotto.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beautiful

Dreaming of a new bedroom

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Something whimsical from Cart before the horse...thanks Dylan and Jo