Alice in Wonderland by Lisa Mitchell

Monday Tuesday Wednesday...I love you

My Etsy Store...please come and visit

Monday, December 20, 2010

Once upon a childhood...or two.



"Everything sparkled and glowed.
I felt the purest childlike happiness in my heart.
The happiness made me feel like I could fly."
                                     
                           - Vanessa Valencia



I don’t exaggerate… I just remember big.

I have the most amazing thing to share and enjoy.
A Grandchild's childhood.

Through it, I am enabled to see the world anew,
and my own fantastic childhood memories are refreshed.
Ok...so I use this as an excuse to not actually grow up.
But, I've been grown up for over half a century,
and it really is not all that it's cracked up to be.
Far more fun to live in a world of
enchantment and wonder,
loaded with oodles of nostalgia and imagination.

(this is where the theme of 'Lilliput Loft' first took root)

Just when life starts to load you up with the unwanted attributes that must necessarily accompany 'old age'...if we are lucky, God also gives us grandchildren. The ever increasing wrinkles and grey hairs are OK now, because I am someone's grandmother. And grandmothers are supposed to look like grandmothers. Alright, so maybe not the 1920's version. But we are allowed to look a little bit 'old'.

To help create
'fantastic childhood memories'
for our grandchildren is such an honour



Childhood is a time
for make-believe.


Christmas waves a magic wand
over this world,
And behold, everything is softer
and more beautiful.
                                      –Norman Vincent Peale



To our children, we give two things;
one is roots and the other wings.


“What one loves in childhood…
stays in the heart forever.”
                           – Mary Jo Putney


“The real magic wand
 is the child’s own mind.” 
       - Jose Ortegay Gasset



"Time is of the essence,
the days of CHILDHOOD are fleeting…
make memories while you have the CHANCE." 
   – Tina Chambers


"Childhood is frequently a solemn business
for those inside it." 
            – George F. Will

---------------


"If I could reach up and hold a star for every time you’ve made me smile, the entire evening sky would be in the palm of my hand."
 - Victoria Sayer



I should also point out that I do in fact have three granddaughters. But I must respect others wishes, and so it is only Elliana that I can share with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beautiful

Dreaming of a new bedroom

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Something whimsical from Cart before the horse...thanks Dylan and Jo