Alice in Wonderland by Lisa Mitchell

Monday Tuesday Wednesday...I love you

My Etsy Store...please come and visit

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

"Never smile at a crocodile..."

No, you can't get friendly with a crocodile
Don't be taken in by his welcome grin
He's imagining how well you'd fit within his skin.
Never smile at a crocodile
Never dip your hat and stop to talk awhile
Never run, walk away, say good-night, not good-day
Clear the aisle but never smile at Mister Crocodile."

Elliana and Jill made my day with a surprise visit yesterday, after Ellie's swimming lesson.
She loves to see Poppi's ponds and likes the faux crocodile that resides in the old bathtub pond.

 

But as always, she made a bee-line
to the Faery Room down the hall,


...to explore the enchanted tree's interior rooms
and play with the whimsical inhabitants
of the Secret Enchanted forest.

I asked her to sit still for one moment,
so I could take a photo without the flash. Ellie was happy to oblige, but
only for one minute.

Then she never sat still, until she had seen every nook and cranny.


I am stunned at how much enjoyment and happiness comes
from being a grandmother!


I had heard all the clichés regarding the subject,
but still was not expecting the real thing to be so amazing.

They say that you ‘really mean it’ when you smile
…if you smile when no one else is watching.
Well there isn’t an evening goes by, after a day spent with our Elliana,
that I don’t find myself just lying in bed in the dark
…remembering the day with her,…
with a smile that I can’t wipe from my face.




2 comments:

  1. Enhorabuena por tu preciosa nieta.
    Yo tengo un nieto de 2 años y disfruto cada momento con el.
    Me encanta tu blog, es una maravilla.
    Esta lleno de imaginacion y buenas vibraciones.
    Esa preciosa e imaginativa ha bitacion la tienes en casa?
    Me encanta la bañera, con el cocodrilo.
    Yo acabo de hacer una en miniatura para una escena de brujas, pero en la mia solo hay una rana jejeje
    besitos desde España.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations for your beautiful granddaughter.

    I have a two years old grandson, and I enjoy every moment with him.

    I love your blog, is awesome.

    It's full of imagination and good vibrations.

    You have this beautiful and imaginative room at home?

    I love the bathtub, with the crocodile.

    I just made a miniature for a witches scene, but there's only one frog in it hehehe

    Kisses from Spain.

    ReplyDelete

Beautiful

Dreaming of a new bedroom

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Something whimsical from Cart before the horse...thanks Dylan and Jo